Here they are: My Three! There is never enough Eric time, never enough Nick hugs and never enough Andrea period. They are my greatest joy and the best thing I ever did. They are my life, and the hardest thing I do is live without their daily presence in my life. I sometimes kid myself into believing they still need me. They also know which one is my favorite. It's a game we've played all their lives. I whisper into one of their ears . . . "your my favorite", and I would get the sweetest smiles. Even though I think they knew I whispered the same message to all of them, we played over and over again anyway. They do know they are my favorites. They are my favorite part of life. They are my favorite cause for laughter, and my favorite reason for tears. They give me reasons to be proud and reasons to question my parenting skills. They are my favorite conversations. I love to talk about them and with them. My smile is never as big as when I'm watching one of them "accomplish". You should watch Eric on stage playing music! You should see Nick in his favorite element, surrounded by his friends and entertaining them all with his friendly, easy smile and quick wit. You should see Andrea at the hospital helping women give birth, and in her best moments with her boys. I'm so proud of them, with all of their flaws, still naughty at times, but to me, perfectly flawed . . . Just wish I could still give them a spanking when they deserve it!
Sunday, March 23, 2008
My Three . . .
Here they are: My Three! There is never enough Eric time, never enough Nick hugs and never enough Andrea period. They are my greatest joy and the best thing I ever did. They are my life, and the hardest thing I do is live without their daily presence in my life. I sometimes kid myself into believing they still need me. They also know which one is my favorite. It's a game we've played all their lives. I whisper into one of their ears . . . "your my favorite", and I would get the sweetest smiles. Even though I think they knew I whispered the same message to all of them, we played over and over again anyway. They do know they are my favorites. They are my favorite part of life. They are my favorite cause for laughter, and my favorite reason for tears. They give me reasons to be proud and reasons to question my parenting skills. They are my favorite conversations. I love to talk about them and with them. My smile is never as big as when I'm watching one of them "accomplish". You should watch Eric on stage playing music! You should see Nick in his favorite element, surrounded by his friends and entertaining them all with his friendly, easy smile and quick wit. You should see Andrea at the hospital helping women give birth, and in her best moments with her boys. I'm so proud of them, with all of their flaws, still naughty at times, but to me, perfectly flawed . . . Just wish I could still give them a spanking when they deserve it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
the one on the right is my favorite. :)
You are an amazing mother! Your love for your kids is obvious to ALL!
Post a Comment