Recently, as I watched my two.....Will was doing the "Will thing" of laying on the floor, rolling, singing softly, being Will.
~Nonny: "Will, come and see Nonny so I can change your pants."
(no response)
~Nonny (giving second chance, which everyone says you shouldn't do, including and most importantly, their daddy" "Will, are you remembering to be a good listener?" (no response)
~Nonny: (oops, 3rd chance, sorry Daniel) "I need Will to be a good listener right now." (doesn't move, but he did look my way.)
~Nonny (notice how firm i'm becoming.): I'm sorry Will. "time out"! Nonny really needs you to do what I tell you right away.
~Protective brother Isaac steps in quickly: (As he tugs on Will's hand to get him to move and mind me.) "No nonny. No time out! Only grown-ups can do time out. Only mommy, daddy."
~Nonny: Hmmmm......
~Nonny: (oops, 3rd chance, sorry Daniel) "I need Will to be a good listener right now." (doesn't move, but he did look my way.)
~Nonny (notice how firm i'm becoming.): I'm sorry Will. "time out"! Nonny really needs you to do what I tell you right away.
~Protective brother Isaac steps in quickly: (As he tugs on Will's hand to get him to move and mind me.) "No nonny. No time out! Only grown-ups can do time out. Only mommy, daddy."
~Nonny: Hmmmm......


2 comments:
SUz,
I found your blog! The boys are cute as ever.
:)
Post a Comment