"Your only as good as the world will allow you to be."
This was a line in the new Batman movie, which is a pretty gritty movie. It is not necessarily something I would buy to keep in my movie library. Remember when Batman was just an innocent weekly program on t.v., with words spelled out on the screen? Whatever happened to "Kapow, Zowie, Bam, Swoosh?" DO NOT TAKE YOUNG CHILDREN! Even I had nightmares. Yuk!
Anyway, back to the quote. In the midst of the movie, I "heard" that line and it has stayed with me for some reason. I began thinking about the way the world percieves us.
Sometimes . . . it doesn't matter who you really are, what you stand for or how you move through life.
Sometimes . . . what people want to believe is what they believe. Sometimes . . . people are mistaken, misinformed, judgmental and unaccepting.
Sometimes . . . people just need to shut their mouths instead of their hearts and minds.
Today would be a good day to start. I know I would appreciate it.
With what I have experienced, these attitudes inspire me to just love people and give them the benefit of the doubt. I want to understand that everyone has a "story", and no two people handle life the same way. I want to walk a mile in anothers shoes, before I write them off. I want to understand God's grace in a refreshing way, so I can give it to the best of my human ability.
I'm so thankful He loves me, weeps for me and with me and He knows my name. He carries my picture in His wallet and speaks highly of me. I'm thankful that in those hurtful times, I can climb into His lap and just rest in His grace. Regardless of my world and how they see me, Gods grace is sufficient. I'm working on that being "enough" and healing.
How good are you?
How good does your world allow you to be?
How good do you allow others in your world to be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Why so serious?
Wellll....I don't know who you are, but I guess i'll answer anyway. It's serious because I'm writing about a serious subject. Make sense?
Post a Comment